I’m back today after an unexpected two-week blogging hiatus. Hopefully, I can get back to regular blogging this week. Before we get to today’s recipe can we take a second and talk about how today is August 1st? Where did the summer go?!
At the beginning of the summer, I started working on a strawberry muffin recipe. I wanted them to be moist and fluffy with a fresh strawberry flavor. So here we are today, pounds of strawberries and dozens of muffins later, we have Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
For the bright and fresh strawberry flavor, we use fresh strawberry puree and it gives them a pretty pink color too! I also added buttermilk to keep them light and fluffy. Then to send the muffins over the top I added some mini chocolate chips because they make everything better.
Try these muffins out and leave me a comment below!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped strawberries - pureed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with baking spray with muffin wrappers.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until fluffy. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a food processor or blender puree the strawberries.
- With the mixer on low, alternate adding the dry ingredients with the buttermilk and strawberries. Mix in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Spoon batter into the muffin papers and bake for 14-16 minutes until muffins are cooked through and are light brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.