Today we are going to combine two recipes that I have already shared with you for One Bowl Fudgy Brownies and Salted Caramel Ice Cream and add Salted Caramel Sauce to make a killer Salted Caramel Brownie Sundae. This sundae is a showstopper and will definitely impress your family and friends.
Now the Salted Caramel Sauce is what sends this sundae over the top. It is rich, creamy, and buttery. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! One of the best things about this recipe is that it can be prepared, start to finish, in less than 10 minutes.
I know that homemade caramel can be intimidating, but don’t be afraid of this caramel sauce, it is extremely simple to make and does not require a candy thermometer. To make the sauce, you are going to simmer the butter, sugar, cream, and salt. Make sure you follow the directions and only simmer the sauce for 5 minutes or you will end up with a sauce that is too thick and hardens as it cools. Yes, I know this from experience.
This Salted Caramel Sauce is absolutely perfect over ice cream, like our favorite, Salted Caramel Ice Cream. And add One Bowl Fudgy Brownies to make a delicious sundae. But also is a great way to sweeten your coffee.
Leave a comment below and let me know your favorite ice cream sundae topping!
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of vanilla - optional
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together butter, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Pour caramel into a heatproof jar. Allow it to cool a few minutes before serving.