I love a good brownie and I thought the ease of whipping up a box mix couldn’t be beaten. Well, I was wrong. With one bowl, seven ingredients you can pronounce and just a few extra minutes you too can make fudgy brownies that are even better than the ones that come out of a box!
If you like your brownies cakey, this recipe is not for you. These brownies are fudgy, melt in your mouth, fudgy. They have a nice crispy crust on them and are deliciously soft. These One Bowl Fudgy Brownies are unbelievably rich.
They are also perfect as the base for a scrumptious brownie sundae, like the Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sundae pictured below. Look for the Salted Caramel Ice Cream and Sauce recipes later this summer, you don’t want to miss them. Until then, enjoy the brownies and your summer!
One Bowl Fudgy Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter - cubed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Optional: a sprinkling of sea salt before baking
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Lightly grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring after each one to incorporate. When the batter is blended and shiny, add the flour and stir until there are no streaks left. Then still using the wooden spoon or rubber spatula, beat vigorously for 40 strokes. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center is slightly moist with batter, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely and then use the parchment or foil liner to remove from the pan.