We’ve talked before about my love for S’mores desserts. Hands down they are one of my favorite summer treats!
Since we don’t have a fire pit in our backyard (we actually don’t have much of a yard) there are no toasty S’mores around the fire happening at our house.
But I don’t let the lack of an outdoor fire pit get me down! I still love to make and eat S’mores and S’mores themed desserts!
How cute are these cookies?!
I’ll warn you right now, these little beauties are only 2 bites each and that’s dangerous. You eat one and you think, hmm, that was so little I need another one…
These cookies start with a graham cracker cookie dough that is based on my S’mores Cookies and baked in a mini muffin tin.
Then after you take the cookies out of the oven, top them with a chocolate bar. I used a Hershey’s candy bar that I broke into pieces. Once the warm cookies melt the chocolate, it’s time to add the marshmallow and voila! S’mores Cookie Cups!
These S’mores Cookie Cups are perfect served while they are still warm and all melty. YUM!
S’mores Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg - room temperature
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs - 8-9 graham cracker sheets
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 chocolate bars
- 18 marshmallows cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Fill mini muffin cups each with 1 tablespoon of cookie dough, pressing down slightly to fill the cup.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Break each chocolate bar into 8 pieces. Top each cookie cup with a piece of chocolate, let sit for a couple minutes until melted. Turn oven temp to 400. Top each cookie with a half of a marshmallow and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes, or until the marshmallows are soft.