All of my s’mores loving friends raise your hands! Nothing says summer like toasty marshmallows, melty chocolate and crispy graham crackers. I fell in love with these S’mores Cookie Bars a couple summers ago and every year I start craving them as soon as the weather warms up! I wanted to share them with you today because I think they would be perfect for a July 4th BBQ or get together.
I’m sitting here enjoying a bar (or two) while writing this post and y’all these bars have a surprising graham flavor that comes from subbing some of the flour with graham cracker crumbs. A base of hearty graham cookie dough is covered with sweet and sticky marshmallow fluff, which then gets a sprinkling of rich milk chocolate chips before being covered in even more graham cookie dough.
Look at that gooey goodness.
I dare you to try these S’mores Cookie Bars and not want to eat them all. summer. long.
S'mores Cookie Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs - about 27 squares
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter - softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups marshmallow topping - like marshmallow fluff or creme
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9X13-inch pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving some extra overhang on the sides. Spray the foil or parchment paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the prepared pan until the dough is evenly flattened. Dollop the marshmallow topping on top of the cookie dough and gently spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Dot the top with the remaining cookie dough. Some of the marshmallow and chocolate chips should peek through. Bake for 30-32 minutes, the bars until golden brown. Cool completely. Remove the bars from the pan using the foil overhangs. Cut into bars and serve.