I know there are a lot of cookie dough options here on the blog and all I can say is my hubby is obsessed with cookie dough and I’ve caught the bug. Now don’t get me wrong, I still love a good chocolate brownie or key lime pie, but sometimes you need something simple like cookie dough.
Are you a cookie dough lover or hater? Now before you leave me a comment about how it’s not safe to eat cookie dough, raw eggs, and all of that jazz. Today I’m talking about edible cookie dough. That is cookie dough that is specifically made for eating raw and does not contain eggs.
While we were planning our Valentine’s Day trip (how can that be 2 months ago already!) to NYC my hubby mentioned that there was a new cookie dough shop that sold a variety of edible cookie doughs. Ya’ll I was intrigued and we put the DO Cookie Dough shop on our list of places to see, but unfortunately when we got there the line was down the block. We asked someone at the front of the line how long they had been waiting, and they said 2 hours. Yes, people were waiting for 2 HOURS for cookie dough! We had a close timeline so we didn’t have the option of staying, but we want to go back!
Now you can eat this cookie dough right away, you could even eat it straight from the mixing bowl. No judgement here. But there is something great that happens when you chill the cookie dough. The melted butter sets and the flavors blend together nicely.
You can use your favorite combo of chocolate chips and today I used semi-sweet and white chips. And since I wanted it to be fun for Spring, I added sprinkles and some of the Whoppers mini robin eggs (just because they are so cute and yummy). To keep the mini eggs from getting too hard in the cookie dough, I put them in a zip lock bag and crushed them a little, just to make sure none of the pieces were still whole.
Have you been to the DO Cookie Dough shop? What’s your favorite type of cookie dough?
Spring Cookie Dough [DO Edible Cookie Dough Copycat Recipe]
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - melted
- 1 cup brown sugar - loosely packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk - I used 1%
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Whoppers Mini Robin Eggs - chopped
- 3 tablespoons spring colored sprinkles - I used jimmies
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla until combined.
- Switch to a rubber spatula and mix in the flour until no dry streaks remain.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and additional mix-ins.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1-2 hours.