Lazy Saturday morning breakfasts are a favorite of ours and french toast is in the normal rotation. French toast is also great for a quick mid-week dinner, who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?!
French Toast is also a sentimental food for me because it is one of the first meals that the hubby and I made together when we were dating. It’s been a special treat for us ever since! I never thought I needed a recipe for french toast. I mean, you just dip bread in an egg and milk mixture, sprinkle with cinnamon and then fry it up. A few months ago I decided that our french toast needed a makeover. After doing some very scientific recipe research on Pinterest I noticed that there were lots of french toast recipes out there.
After lots of taste testing, I finally figured out the right recipe for us! Comment below and let me know if you try it.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 8 slices bread
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar until combined. Dip bread in egg mixture and cook in the skillet, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with syrup, fresh berries or powdered sugar.