Love ice cream but don’t have all of the fancy equipment needed to make homemade ice cream at home? This is the recipe you need!
Like the Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream – No Churn that I posted earlier this summer, today’s recipe can be broken down into 2 simple and delicious parts:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Ice Cream
It’s a much-requested combo at my house!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
First, you are going to make an easy egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough that starts with melted butter, so you don’t even need a mixer.
AND since it’s egg-free you don’t have to feel guilty about grabbing a couple bites straight from the bowl (don’t pretend like you don’t want to).
The cookie dough will be very soft, so to help it keep its shape when you mix it into the ice cream, we let it sit in the freezer for a few minutes.
Grab your mixer and whip that heavy cream into stiff peaks! If you don’t have a stand mixer, I listed a couple other options to whip the cream in this post.
Once your cream has stiff peaks, it’s time to gently mix in the rest of the ice cream ingredients before folding in the cookie dough pieces and some extra chocolate chips, because you can never have too much chocolate!
Now comes the challenging part of this recipe…waiting! The ice cream will need to set up in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
There you go, homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream without an ice cream maker!
Try it and leave me a comment below!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream – No Churn
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar - lightly packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips - divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar, stir to combine.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla until combined. Add the salt, flour, and 1 cup o the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the cookie dough into an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick. Freeze for about 30 minutes, or until firm. Remove cookie dough from freezer and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix on low speed until just combined, scraping the bowl to make sure all is combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the cookie dough pieces and the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour into a loaf pan (I used a 9.5x5.5 sized pan), cover and freeze for 6-8 hours before serving.