We have been eating a lot of salad recently and while some people are perfectly happy to eat the same salad with the same ingredients and the same dressing day after day, I like a little variety in my diet. That doesn’t mean that I won’t get on a kick and eat the exact same thing for lunch every day for a week, but occasionally I need a little spice in my life. And that is where this salad comes in. Basically, it’s a taco without the shell and extra heavy on the lettuce.
This salad is heavy on all of the good for you things like lettuce and veggies. Topped with taco seasoned meat and just a drizzle of a cool and tangy lime sour cream, This salad is fresh and healthy. It is also customizable to your tastes, so add your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.
I like to make an individual salad that is just the way I like it. But you can also assemble this salad in one large serving bowl or set out bowls with all of the toppings and let everyone build their own salad. All of the parts can also be prepared in advance, making it perfect for dinner on a busy weeknight.
- 1/2 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 4-6 cups romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans - rinsed
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen corn
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes - diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Tortilla Chips - crushed
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat and drain any excess grease. Add taco seasoning and water to the skillet and cook until the water is evaporated.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream with the lime juice until thin enough to pour over the salad.
- Assemble your salad ingredients, top with the taco meat, and drizzle with the lime sour cream.